8 November 2012

a few more from australia



I was just flicking through all my Australia photos (which I can't believe was nearly 6 months ago!!!) and was wishing for warm weather and sand at my feet, when I realised I haven’t shared my pictures from our weekend boat trip around the Whitsundays.
We spent the first afternoon and evening heading into the heart of the Whitsundays and getting to know our boat family over a few glasses of wine and barbequed fish, before bedding down for the night on the deck. We where awoken at 6.30am to the sounds of gentle music, to be greeted with the most spectacular sunrise over the ocean. We then proceeded with a morning swim to shore and landed on the gorgeous Whitehaven beach, for more fun in the sun. After lunch we snorkelled in the Great Barrier reef (I spotted a lone turtle) and partied the night away on deck, to then repeat the next day before heading back to shore. It was by far the most chilled out and furthest away from reality I have ever felt, and it’s a weekend I won’t forget in a hurry.

DSC08724
DSC08721
DSC08773
DSC08716

a morning dip

DSC08718

This was taken at 7.30am after the mornings swim to shore

DSC08701
DSC08802

The beautiful sunset in the Whitsundays

1 comment:

thanks for all your lovely comments. I always make time to read them. Please leave your blog link so I can check yours out! Much love x