and I would like to share it with you...
Yesterday's weather called for, pj's, snuggles and cake and today's weather is even worse. So I have your remedy.
with white chocolate frosting,
Okay, have you stopped drooling? Here is the recipe,
140g - self raising flour
175g - castor sugar
175g - margarine
40g - cocoa
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp boiling water
2 tbsp warm milk
White chocolate frosting
500g - icing powder
220g - margarine
300g - white chocolate
1 tbsp - vanilla essence
1 tbsp - milk
1. Pre-heat your oven to 160 degrees
2. Measure all ingredients out ready to use
3. Place the margarine in the bowl and warm to slightly melt the butter (can be done in the oven or microwave) this makes it easier for mixing, and avoiding lumps.
4. Add in the castor sugar until smooth
5. mix the flour, baking powder and cocoa together and sift into the mixture
6. Add the 3 eggs, vanilla essence
7. Whisk away until you have a smooth, lump free mixture.
8. Use 2 cake baking trays, and spoon out the mixture evenly between the 2
9. Place your cakes on the middle shelf of the oven to bake for 20-25 minutes
10. To check they are done, place a skewer in the middle. If there is no mixture on the skewer when you pull it out, then you are good to go.
Whilst your cake is cooking, you can make your icing.
1. Melt the chocolate
2. Mix the icing sugar, margarine, essence and milk together with a whisk
3. Fold in your melted chocolate
Once your cake has cooked, leave to cool for at least 10 minutes.
Slop on your icing, grab a cup of tea and try not to feel guilty.