15 June 2012

Sydney: day 4, escaping the city

we decided to leave the city for the day and escape to the beautiful Blue Mountains. About an hour and a half away we travelled by coach into the heart of the mountains. We passed small villages and Australian countryside before we reached our destination. I think you will agree it was breathtaking. It was a gorgeous clear day and we could see right down into the valley, and saw the famous 'three sisters' rock {if you ever see an Australia Tourism advert, this is the view they show}


after spending only an hour starting at the view we where back in the coach for another 2 hour drive inland to our next destination. The Jenolan caves. I was recommended to go there, and I am glad we did. We were taken on a tour of the grand caves, where we saw the stunning formations, and learnt some amazing facts, which I can't for life of me relay to you as my brain is like a sieve. It was pretty special, but 2 hours is a bit long for my liking to be looking at the practically the same thing, but if you happen to be in the area, it's worth a look.



No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for all your lovely comments. I always make time to read them. Please leave your blog link so I can check yours out! Much love x