2 March 2012

the moment




It was nearly 2 years ago when we went away for a 2 week holiday that everything changed between us. I had been told that this holiday would make or break us, as a couple. At this point we had been 'back together' for just over a year, and our relationship was going from strength to strength.
When you live and breathe every moment with just one person for 17 days {yes we got an extra few days due to the ash cloud-thank you} it really does change how you feel about someone. The holiday was a breeze. We grew together as a couple and for the first time I could really see a future with this boy. Away from the hassles of work, social commitments and travelling to see each other, we were 100% focused on each other and with no distractions. I fully understand that this could have been a disaster, but you do really learn so much more about each other when you're taken out of the real world.
My friends where right: this holiday was the making of us. We had unexpectedley gone to the next step in our relationship {as they say} and decided to start looking for a place together {and the rest is history...}

Does anyone have that defining moment in their relationship, either good or bad?



8 comments:

  1. Lovely post! Like it! Check my bog and follow me if you want!
    Ioana

    http://www.fashionspot.ro/

    ReplyDelete
  2. really enjoyed reading your blog, this post in particular too. im going through a ruff time with my relationship but i love reading about how everyone else works it out. gives me hope =) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. everything happens for a reason, and always turns out for the best (even though it may take time to actually realise that) we had broke up for 2 years before meeting again! There is always hope :) Thanks for the comment! x

      Delete
    2. Thank you, thats really sweet, all the best x

      Delete
  3. Good luck.. I just reading your blog.. And the picture is lovely..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely post great photo's

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely. Its funny how things work out. For me, I knew my young man was special when only 6 months into us being together, my dad died unexpectedly. The love and support he gave me despite me being a complete mess so soon into our relationship, showed both of us that this was special.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. These pictures are beautiful... Did you use something to create the colouring?!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for all your lovely comments. I always make time to read them. Please leave your blog link so I can check yours out! Much love x