28 March 2012

a different kind

Top - Topshop / Skirt - Primark / Shoes - Primark / Glasses - Ray ban


I must tell you about my weekend off, dare I say it, parenting. Well Si and I actually played the part of Auntie and Uncle for most of the weekend too our 2 nieces. This was our first time, like ever looking after anything as precious as a little human, and being soley responsible for their safety and well being. They where mad, right, to be leaving their pride and joy with us? It will be a breeze, yer? So we kid proofed the house, got the chalk board ready, bought the supplies for making cakes and took a big deep breath for the whirlwind off a 4 year old and a 20 month old to come through the door. So we took them to the park, jumped on the bed, danced in the kitchen and played with the buggys all before digging in to my healthy dinner off pizza and chips {hand over face} After they where all tucked up and deep in the land off nod, we finally looked at each other and realised that with kids involved there is no hand holding, hardly any kissing and hardly no time for adult chatting. It made me a little sad, but also very optimistic about our future and that we are both very capable off looking after a child. I watched Si from a far getting into the role of ‘dad’ and I must say, I liked it :)

3 comments:

  1. So cute, kids are hard work.. I helped a friend with hers the other day and my god, it was exhausting!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your look in these pictures. A pleated skirt and a simple white tee. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad that you both got through it ok, and it sounds as though you both coped well! You look gorgeous, I love the skirt! xx

    ReplyDelete

thanks for all your lovely comments. I always make time to read them. Please leave your blog link so I can check yours out! Much love x