16 November 2011

highs and lows

high
Afternoon tea, I just can’t get enough of it. We decided to be civilised and grown up {cough cough} and celebrated Zoey’s 24th with a trip to The Grand Hotel, along Brighton seafront. We also had baby Freddie in tow, for his first {of many} girlie gatherings. The mellow sounds of the piano played in the background, whilst we caught up on the gossip, sipped tea and ate bundles of cakes. I had just about got over my awful hangover from the night before, so scoffed down plenty of cucumber sandwiches and scones.

Low
No Sunday run for me this weekend though {slaps wrist} I was incredibly hung-over and the thought of eating, let alone moving was enough to make me feel sick. I blame the restaurant/bar we ate in the night before. No seriously I do. I was going to post a review about the evening’s meal etc, but it was so terrible, so I will post a quick rant. We ate in Madame Geisha, down the lanes in Brighton.

We did bear in mind we booked under a Groupon voucher, but, you still expect your food to be cooked, right? After waiting a time for our starters, they brought us over a complimentary cocktail {our 3rd of the night} due to the delay in our food. When our mains finally came out, we took a few bites, and then I spotted a huge piece of pink chicken in my Thai green curry. We noticed Si’s meal was the same, so we immediately sent them back {the first time I have ever had to do that in my life} round 2 came. Pink again. We couldn’t actually believe it, so we refused to have the food or anything else for that matter {bear in mind, I wouldn’t normally say boo to a goose, as I don’t like confrontation or complaining} so they obliged and took the food away. We had a problem though, normally you would just not pay for the food, but we had already paid via Groupon. So we reached a solution that we would swap the food for alcohol, and ended up partying in the bar/club section with free cocktails, shots and bottles of wine, ON AN EMTPY STOMACH. Urrrghhhhh, I did not feel good when I got home or in the morning. So, yes I do blame the restaurant {you believe me right?} I leave you with some life advice that I hope you carry with you from now on...
1.      DON’T eat at Madame Geisha, Brighton
2.      DON’T drink on an empty stomach {I can’t believe no one ever told me before}

Suzi
x
Tweet me or Follow why don't ya

1 comment:

  1. Shame about the low but you could hardly let the money go to waste!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for all your lovely comments. I always make time to read them. Please leave your blog link so I can check yours out! Much love x