14 December 2011

Travel series: Oslo



Last week we made a cheap but slightly long Journey to the festive capital Oslo {which is in Norway I have found myself explaining} I managed to find some ridiculously cheap flights to Oslo, but soon discovered when we got there that it is extremely expensive, So expensive it has the honour of winning ‘the world’s most expensive city’ last year.

We did have a slight clue on price, and only took a small amount anyway, and just hoped we could get by on non extravagant meals, and not much alcohol. Well only one glass of wine was consumed whilst I was there, but I enjoyed not drinking to be honest. We chilled out massively in our beautiful room {with our Mac} and took strolls across the city, jumping into numerous coffee shops, markets and shops to keep out of the cold. We were lucky to get a few hours of snow whilst we where there, but thankfully it was unseasonably warm for December {minus 2} so we got of lucky.

If anyone is thinking of going, I REALLY recommend. As I said it is expensive {our 2 McDonalds Big Mac meals came to £20 quid, and a small glass of wine is £8} but it is a beautiful city, set in its traditional ways, and although there is plenty of shop chains and restaurants around, they are not splashed in your faces and it isn’t very commercial. For the time of year we went, you would expect to get pushed and shoved with the heaves of Christmas Shoppers, not in Oslo, it was quiet, tranquil and pleasant and it allowed us to completely relax for the weekend. What better way to end the holiday than watching the snow fall silently outside, whilst sitting by a raging fire in a quiet Norwegian bar, sipping on a glass of wine, chatting away whilst mellow Christmas music plays in the background. Heaven a tell you. Heaven.

For your next weekend break, I urge you to visit Oslo.

Suzi x

3 comments:

  1. Such gorgeous pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wanted to visit Oslo, I think it sounds similarly expensive to Copenhagen but if you can get cheap flights then why not? Looks beautiful and so Christmassy!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for all your lovely comments. I always make time to read them. Please leave your blog link so I can check yours out! Much love x