10 December 2011

Travel Series: Edinburgh

So they other week I surprised Si, and took him away to Edinburgh for the weekend to celebrate his 24th birthday. We spent a cold and blustery few days checking out all the museums, walking around the shops and indulging in plentiful food and drink. It was lovely to get away for the weekend, and to leave all our work troubles behind {not that I really have any} I also got to meet up with some of my family who live in Edinburgh (I am half Scottish you see) and took the first opportunity to use our new video camera {which actually involves a lot of drunk ramblings, and Si eating his birthday cake at 1am in the morning}
It is such a short flight, and a very reasonable price if you get it booked up early {I only paid £100 return for both of us} and it’s actually nice to be able to carry on using British currency, instead of all the hassle to change currencies {yawn}
I am sure I will be visiting again soon, and maybe next time for the world renowned comedy festival...

Suzi

x

1 comment:

  1. I am so jealous!! good pictures!!!
    me and my bf were planning to go to Edinburgh to visit his relatives this past Tuesday, but the weather put it off. too bad!!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for all your lovely comments. I always make time to read them. Please leave your blog link so I can check yours out! Much love x