26 September 2011

They said no.

I got the call on Wednesday. ‘We would like to invite you to audition for Total Wipeout this Saturday, can you make it?’ I eeeked a little inside, and said ‘of course’
2 weeks earlier I had sent a rushed application off, never thinking it would be good enough. Now if you don’t know what Total Wipeout is, it is the very popular BBC programme, where the contestants compete in a series of assault course challenges, one including 3 big red balls (I’m sure you get it now )

So here is how my day went...

My alarm didn’t go off, I missed my train, I forgot my camera and trainers, I rushed around London, I queued for an hour at the audition, sold myself for 1 minute to a lady dressed as a cheerleader, to be told NO straightaway, I sat outside the History museum, eating an egg sarnie from Marks on my own and left in total limbo. So I was on a massive comedown. What a waste of a morning. But at least I got to go see one of my bestest, Lauren, in her lovely new home in Clapham. I am so gutted I forgot my camera, so all I have for evidence is eating the best scrambled eggs in a local restaurant called Brew (it’s a must) and chatting all afternoon/evening with a few glasses of wine. Perfect. (To also mention, my good friend Kat joined us for the afternoon catch up J )

My Sunday was more chilled out, with a family lunch, gardening and a cheeky takeaway. Not forgetting getting the fright of my life when a frog jumped out on me. Pictures below


My little doggie, Pudding. My Niece Jess. My chinese take-away. My mate, the frog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for all your lovely comments. I always make time to read them. Please leave your blog link so I can check yours out! Much love x